Feedback?

Coordinator
Feb 20, 2010 at 4:51 AM

Feedback and inputs are most velcome. Let me know if you found the project useful or any other ideas for improvements you might have...

Mar 26, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Just wanted to say thanks. This is exactly what I needed, a quick, config-driven way to add two user IDs to an Administrators role.

I had some issues getting the .ashx to run in IIS 7 (have to add it to the system.webServer -> handlers section), and then I had to add an Ignore route rule in my ASP.NET MVC application's global.asax. After that it stopped serving a 404, but started throwing a SqlTimeoutException because the ASP.NET MVC app is pre-wired to use the SQL user and role providers, and I don't have it set up. I gave up debugging since I didn't need a UI for managing the two user IDs, I had just wanted to see what else you had done with this library :)

Coordinator
Mar 29, 2010 at 6:32 AM

You're most welcome. And thank you for your feedback, it's been awfully quiet since I published the project.

I'll add note to mention the httphandler configuration issue for IIS7, I've run into that myself more than once I must admit. :)